This recipe deviates from my current diet for migraines, but is a healthy cheat compared to the take away version.
It makes 4 large servings.
- 1 large chicken breast (about 1 c diced into 1 in pieces)
- 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, cut lengthwise then diced
- 1/2-3/4 pineapple chunks (canned, reserve juice for later)
- La Choy Sweet & Sour sauce (msg free; brand specific)
- Heavy tablespoon of cornstarch
- Olive oil and 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep veggies and cook over medium heat in butter and olive oil for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Add pineapple. Cook 2 min.
- Add chicken. Cook just until done.
- Pour in La Choy sauce and pineapple juice. Stir. Cook on low-medium for 15 min.
- Create a slurry of cornstarch and pour into sauce. Cook a few min to thicken.
I like to serve this over instant white rice or couscous (not GF).